Job Location: Chicago, IL
Heroku, along with its parent company Salesforce.com, has transformed cloud computing with a revolutionary portfolio of Platform technologies. And now we've got our sights set on the next generation of amazing apps. Recognized as the world's 4th fastest growing company according to FORTUNE magazine, our platform technologies have revolutionized how companies build, deploy, scale and manage modern applications.
Heroku is looking for technology sales professionals with a proven track record of exceeding quota in Technology & Platform sales. The Heroku Account Executive role focuses exclusively on the Cloud application platform, Heroku. The Heroku Account Executive will formulate and execute a sales strategy within an assigned region, drive revenue growth by penetrating the current customer base, and develop new customers in the region. They will work in partnership with the existing account-owning Salesforce Account Executives and Platform Account Executives along with sales leadership in the regions, and will carry quota for the Heroku Platform product sales in their region. Effective partnering with Salesforce Account Executives and Platform Account Executives will be critical to the role. This is accomplished by participating and leading client and prospect meetings or engaging other corporate resources as required, as well as participating in regional forecast calls and account planning sessions. Accurately forecasting sales activity and revenue while creating satisfied and reference-able customers are key responsibilities within the Heroku Account Executive position.
- To refine sales messaging, prospecting, qualifying, and closing techniques
- To develop and execute successful Heroku Platform sales campaigns
- To personally create new leads from strategic prospecting efforts
- To thoroughly qualify leads & sales opportunities
- To leverage business from new & established relationships
- Minimum 5 years of experience selling software technology solutions
- Technical aptitude with the ability to understand architecture, framework and languages
- Track record of being a top performer
- Appetite for success and willing to work on a team to reach goals
- Background in technology and platform solutions such as application development, database, business intelligence, and/or integration
- Demonstrated ability to sell large scale and complex systems to key accounts
- Strong knowledge of the competitive products, solutions and sales tactics
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Creative with strong problem solving skills and the ability to succeed in a fast paced environment
- Proven ability to work well as part of an extended sales team
- Experience in enterprise architecture, solution architecture, and application development
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes’s “World’s Most Innovative Company” six years in a row and one of Fortune’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” nine years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
Apply for Account Executive, Commercial Market - Heroku You will be taken to careers.force.com