Heroku, a Salesforce company, is on a mission to change the way teams build, manage, and scale apps and services.
We're looking for a Design Manager to join us in our mission to be the best place for application developers to turn their ideas into production apps and services of any scale. This is a senior-level role that will be responsible for driving alignment across our experiences, as well as contributing to the operational excellence of a diverse and growing design team.
As Design Manager, your job is to promote design thinking throughout the organization, and lead, manage, and mentor our distributed team of designers while cultivating a happy, healthy, collaborative team environment. Your leadership will shape the culture of design, research, and product development at Heroku and drive design excellence throughout the organization.
What you bring
- 10+ years experience in product design, shipping and evolving experiences at scale that deliver measurable impact
- 5+ years leading and managing teams of high-quality design talent including recruiting, retaining, and mentoring
- Deep knowledge of user-centered design methodologies for innovation, ideation, and iteration
- A strong and well-rounded design foundation with an understanding of how to apply it to effective and engaging interactive experiences
- Experience collaborating on product vision and strategy and partnering with peers to translate that into product roadmaps and experiences
- Strong understanding of how to empower, coach, and guide designers to draw out their best work and identify opportunities for growth
- Experience with prototyping, user research, and design thinking as a means to explore and convey design solutions
- Experience working with modern design systems, design principles, and streamlined production workflows
- Strong understanding of how to apply design frameworks to support business models
- Experience with different organizational structures for designers, and ways to scale design across a company
- Excellent written and spoken communications with the ability to influence company decisions
What you'll do
- Grow and develop the design team through mentorship, motivation, and visioning, helping them build and improve their design, presentation, and feedback skills, and achieve their career goals
- Define and drive the executional standard for design across the entire product experience, and motivate team members to achieve them with measurable results
- Be an inspirational evangelist and advocate of great design, design methods and thinking, and customer-centered product development
- Represent the design viewpoint with Heroku partners and stakeholders to define the product experience and plan and manage the execution of the product design roadmap
- Reinforce a culture that values the importance of design and the impact it can have on customer engagement and business results
Preference given to candidates within the AMER region residing in the Eastern Time Zone and eastward.
Apply for Design Manager You will be taken to the listing on Salesforce’s career site.