Heroku takes a engineering-driven approach to support. Our team of support engineers intimately understand cloud application architecture and common issues. If you're a software engineer passionate about web apps, related open source projects, and problem solving, we'd love to hear from you.
Heroku’s customers are deploying some of the coolest and most innovative web applications today and as a Support Engineer you are key to their success. You will be supporting them by:
- Answering customer submitted cases and developing resolutions to the root causes of common customer problems.
- Monitoring and addressing customer tickets to understand common issues.
- Updating documentation to help our customers better understand our platform.
- Providing feedback to our product teams and communicating customer issues with other internal teams
- Coordinating and working with our AMER, APAC or EMEA teams during their business hours.
- Provide periodic on-call support for critical support issues opened by our top customers.
- Assist in development of internal support tools and interfaces. Handle customer-facing communication of platform incidents.
- Over time, become an expert in specific product areas to address and champion these issues directly.
Skills & Experience
- Passionate about helping real customers solve real problems
- Strong technical communication ability
- Have at least 3+ years experience with web application development, using technologies such as:
- Relational databases such as PostgreSQL or MySQL
- NoSQL technologies like memcached, Redis, or MongoDB
- Motivated self-starter and learner
- Proven to complete tasks with minimal oversight
Apply for Heroku Support Engineer - Remote (Americas) You will be taken to the listing on Salesforce’s career site.