The Heroku Presales Architect will act as a domain expert to sales teams, partners, and customers on the Heroku suite of Platform as a Service (PaaS) products. Working with several sales reps, the Heroku Presales Architect is responsible for getting the technical win on all Heroku sales opportunities in his/her geographic region.
This is your chance to join a team of all stars that has beaten our revenue goals four years in a row and grown Heroku Enterprise revenues by 20x. We’re passionate experts known for our creativity and willingness to do whatever it takes to turn prospects into happy customers.
As a PaaS and app dev expert, the candidate will bring significant current expertise in software development. You will be responsible for building and presenting small POC and demo apps on Heroku. Experience with Heroku, cloud computing and frameworks like Spring, Play and Rails required. Knowledge of Force.com, security, and identity is also of interest. Candidates will provide training and assistance to prospects as well as other Salesforce sales engineers around these areas of expertise.
As a Heroku Presales Architect, the candidate will:
- Understand customer goals and challenges and establish Heroku as the leading solution, build and present customized demonstrations, present Heroku technology infrastructure, and demonstrate deep familiarity with hardware, software, networking and security environments.
- Participate in all product, sales, and process training and certification to acquire and maintain the knowledge necessary to be effective, and will attain quarterly and annual objectives assigned by management.
- Respond effectively to RFPs and assist in business case development.
- Candidates should be comfortable working with and speaking to both technologists
and executives at customers and within Salesforce, be self-motivated and enjoy
learning new technologies and products.
- B.S. Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or equivalent work experience
- Strong development skills with a Heroku language like Java, PHP, Ruby, Go, Scala, Node.js etc.
- Solid oral, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team to solve technical problems in varied political environments
- Ability to travel domestically
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Apply for Heroku Presales Architect You will be taken to the listing on Salesforce’s career site.