Are you a software engineer passionate about web apps and related open source projects? Do you get a serious kick out of tracking down hard-to-pinpoint issues and solving problems for customers? If so, we’d like to talk to you about joining our support team at Heroku.
Heroku takes a heavy engineering driven approach to support. Our team of support engineers intimately understand cloud application architecture and common issues putting them in a unique position to build customer facing diagnostic tools.
Heroku’s customers are deploying some of the coolest and most innovative web applications today. Your primary responsibility will be supporting them by:
- Developing resolutions to the root causes of common customer problems.
- Monitoring and addressing customer tickets to understand common issues.
- Updating documentation to help our customers better understand our platform.
- Periodically, you will be required to be on-call for critical support issues opened by our top customers.
- Assist in development of internal support tools and interfaces.
- Handle customer-facing communication of platform incidents.
- Communicate customer issues to other internal teams.
- Over time, become an expert in specific product areas to be able to address and champion these issues directly.
- You should have experience as a software engineer and/or white-box tester
- Be passionate about helping real customers solve real problems
Have a strong background in web application development using technologies such as
- Relational databases such as PostgreSQL or MySQL
- NoSQL technologies like memcached, Redis, or MongoDB
Be a well-organized and effective communicator of technical concepts
Apply for Platform Support Engineer - US You will be taken to the listing on Salesforce’s career site.