This opening is specifically targeted for candidates in Spain and the Netherlands.
Salesforce is looking for a seasoned infrastructure engineer to join the Heroku Data team. We manage one of the largest fleets of databases in the world, and you could have an impact by enabling our customers to easily and effectively store, transport, process, and extract value from their data on Heroku.
In this role, you will work directly with the team behind the Heroku Data Platform automating operations behind our database-as-a-service products. You will write tools to reliably operate thousands of servers including automated backups, disaster recovery, high availability, orchestration, monitoring systems, configuration management, security and more. To be successful in this role, you must have a passion for data storage and management, intuition for code maintainability, and care about making customers successful.
The Heroku Data team is a strong group of engineers and product managers that works hard to maintain a balance between the work of maintaining, keeping our customers successful, and innovating towards the future of the Data Platform. We care deeply about making our engineers happy and growing as our team and product grows as well.
- Day-to-day operations of our data services (Postgres, Redis, Kafka)
- Development of automation to improve operational efficiency and effectiveness
- Testing of new versions of underlying open source technologies
- Working with your team (engineering and product management) to understand customer needs and pain points
- Development of new data services
- Participation in the on-call rotation with your team to keep services operational and highly available
- Compassion for your team members and awareness of overall team health
Key Qualifications & Experience
- Experience with our technology stack, including:
- Database technologies (Postgres, Redis, and Kafka)
- Our automation stack (Ruby and Go)
- Automated testing
- AWS (EC2, S3, VPC, etc.)
- Unix tools and services
- LXC containerization, Docker
- Experience and knowledge in operating high-scale distributed systems
- Experience writing and maintaining scalable system administration tools and observability
- Experience with information security
- Experience with participating in an on-call rotation
- Experience with Site Reliability Engineering (SRE)
- Strong focus on customer-centric development
While not required, to get to know you a little better, please consider sharing any of the following:
- An example of source code you've worked on, or a link to your Github account
- Two or three code snippets that you think represent your coding style
- A brief description of your skills, interests, and work style
- A link to your blog and/or other personal/hobby apps you've built
Apply for Infrastructure Engineer, Heroku Data (Spain, Netherlands) You will be taken to the listing on Salesforce’s career site.