Java Languages Owner, Heroku
*We are a highly distributed team, therefore you can live and work anywhere in the US for this position.
Heroku's Languages team owns the technical implementation and developer experience for all of our languages: Ruby, Node, Python, PHP, Java, and Go. The team is composed of language owners who ensure that Heroku provides a seamless, idiomatic developer experience via both internal platform changes and external open-source contributions.
We're looking for an experienced JVM engineer to join our team expanding our platform to support different application architectures. The role combines engineering, documentation, collaboration, troubleshooting, and marketing - all with a very high degree of autonomy.
The most important qualifications for this position are JVM expertise, building relationships with developer communities and bringing their product feedback into Heroku.
An ideal candidate will have experience:
- Writing, running, maintaining, and debugging JVM applications.
- Communicating in person and in writing as a presenter, documenter, troubleshooter, or open-source developer.
- Providing product feedback and prioritizing features.
- Collaborating with developers of all experience levels.
Nice to have:
- Experience with Kotlin, Scala, Clojure.
- Core contributor to one or more open source projects.
Apply for Java Languages Owner, Heroku (Remote) You will be taken to the listing on Salesforce’s career site.