Position Location: Open
Heroku provides the fastest path for application developers to turn an idea into a production app of any scale. Heroku provides not only the fastest path to success, but the most beautiful one too, crafted with care, flair, and attention to detail. Everything, from our web sites to our developer experience, is imbued with our design, our brand, and some sense of where we come from, and where we're headed to.
In this role, you will be part of the Marketing Team at Heroku, which is responsible for most of the public facing aspects of Heroku. You will lead our efforts to project our brand and its design across many mediums. Working with product and marketing leaders, you will translate concepts from design to code, develop new ways of visually explaining technical concepts that removes complexity and increases understanding among developer audiences, and optimize our design framework, while setting standards and building component libraries and styles to ensure consistency and ease of reuse. On a daily basis you will write and modify code for use in our web properties like www.heroku.com, signup, blog, and Dev Center.
Other areas of responsibility include creative assets and delivery of code to advertising, email marketing and swag like newsletters, t-shirts and yes, even socks. You will also be responsible for stewarding the brand — including educating and evangelizing, and implementing the design of most of these items. You will work within a dynamic marketing team, all the while collaborating with and representing the greater Heroku team.
- Own the design of our marketing web properties. Own extending, producing, and creating material to support product launches and other initiatives. Create design to support new services and functionality. Be ready to iterate (and innovate) constantly.
- Develop and build reusable code as well as set standards ensuring quality and industry best practices.
- Execute - create, build and deliver the designs for our sites, extend our designs for our sites, own and code the technical bits that make that design.
- Produce wireframes, storyboards and other material to help communicate research and prove the case for all new concepts and ideas.
- Manage external relationships to augment in house production (design sub-contractors, event agencies, printers, & production vendors) and work with cross-functional internal teams; Marketing Web Ops, Vibe, Languages, Product, and Design, all of whom collaborate closely to develop and successfully execute our marketing programs.
- Effectively share ideas and designs with the team. Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Managing extensive digital asset library of code, branded resources, art and templates so the wider team can self-serve, share and collaborate.
- Amplify Heroku positioning while ensuring consistent, on-brand execution – everywhere. Understand and represent both marketing and product initiatives.
- Collaborate closely with the marketing and product design teams to build, extend and act as the guardians of the Heroku brand promise and marketing experience.
- Conceptualize and execute collateral for external events and internal use by Heroku. Design items for swag, presentation templates, booth design, banners posters, and other digital and print materials.
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, agile environment. Track-record of getting design work from draft to final in very few steps and iterating quickly after launch.
- Ability to work with git and the command line - all would be a plus.
- Master of the craft and the tools. Fluent in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Sketch and other key visual design tools. Animation skills a plus.
- Ability to translate design and brand thoughts to clear input and direction.
- 5+ years of proven, multi discipline design experience in a combination of high-tech, developer and b-to-c design teams.
- Curiosity, creativity, and ambition. Expensive diploma or not, true talent isn't always something that can be taught in school. True passion breeds "incredible.” Understanding of design principles and designing for marketing.
- Proven ability to work within a distributed team.
- Must own a rich portfolio of relevant work examples - online, print, events, packaging, typography, collateral, iconography, infographics etc. Video production skills and creating assets for online marketing earn bonus points.
Apply for Lead Marketing Designer and Front End Developer You will be taken to careers.force.com