Heroku’s mission is to create the fastest path for application developers to turn an idea into a production app of any scale. We want to remove every obstacle that slows down creative coders and let them focus on their customers’ experience while leaving everything else to our service. Today, Heroku powers millions of apps ranging from personal hobby apps to Internet top 100 apps. In aggregate we serve billions of requests per day. Yet, it only takes minutes for a new developer to get the first app up and running, ready to serve customers.
Heroku is one of the fastest growing businesses at Salesforce.
We are looking for an experienced product manager to work with our most strategic enterprise customers to understand their networking needs. You'll translate those needs into clear product requirements and partner with the network engineering team to deliver key features.
Deep knowledge and experience with cloud networking technologies, such as service meshes (e.g., Istio/Envoy), VPCs, VPNs, transit gateways, CIDR blocks and subnets, and TLS, is required. This knowledge will provide a strong foundation to have deep technical discussions with customers about ingress/egress, service-to-service communication, and securely connecting Heroku to their other environments (both on-premises and cloud).
In addition to networking features, you'll also work with the runtime infrastructure team to deliver foundational technologies, such as the underlying Kubernetes cluster, that other Heroku teams can build upon. You'll prioritize a backlog of improvements, define a roadmap, define SLOs, and more.
Finally, you'll get to stretch your business product management skills as the manager of the Private Spaces product. Private Spaces provides customers with their own single-tenant, network-isolated container environment. Many Heroku customers choose Private Spaces because of its ability to securely connect with other cloud and on-premises resources.
- Deeply understand the networking needs of enterprise customers and translate those needs to product requirements. Partner with the networking engineering team to deliver new features
- Define clear product objectives and build the roadmap that you think will accomplish them
- Define clear SLOs that define the health of networking and infrastructure services, as well as prioritize a backlog of bug fixes and improvements
- Own the Private Spaces product, from customer sales calls, to prioritization with engineering, to feature design.
- Identify opportunities to improve the Private Spaces customers' experience with the rest of the Heroku platform, including our data services, dashboard, code deployment features, etc.
- Deep knowledge of cloud and container networking technologies, such as Kubernetes, service meshes (e.g., Istio/Envoy), VPCs, VPNs, transit gateways, CIDR blocks and subnets, and TLS, is required.
- Experience defining networking features for large Enterprise customers
- 7+ years of product management experience, with demonstrated ability to discover opportunities, define and deliver products, and lead multidisciplinary teams.
- Strong customer and stakeholder empathy. You'll represent multiple points of view, including those of the customer, marketing, finance, engineering, support and ops.
- Comfort working with a highly-distributed team
- The ability to say “no”. As a PM on runtime you will be at the heart of Heroku's business, with a deluge of feature requests. You'll need very strong prioritization and diplomacy skills, as well as a strong backbone.
Apply for Networking & Private Spaces, Director of Product Management You will be taken to the listing on Salesforce’s career site.