Salesforce is looking for a seasoned infrastructure engineer to join the Heroku Data team. We manage one of the largest fleets of PostgreSQL databases in the world, and you could have an impact by enabling our customers to easily and effectively store, transport, process, and extract value from their data on Heroku.
In this role, you will guide and assist the team in debugging and maintaining our customer's databases. You will be one of our primary PostgreSQL experts, diving deeply into problems, features, and scaling our fleet. You will be expected not only to respond to incidents but to communicate your knowledge and grow the expertise of the team.
The Heroku Data team is a strong group of engineers and product managers that works hard to maintain a balance between the work of maintaining, keeping our customers successful, and innovating towards the future of the Data Platform. We care deeply about making our engineers happy and growing as our team and product grows as well.
- Participation in the day-to-day operations of our PostgreSQL fleet
- Deep dives into customer databases to solve critical availability and performance issues
- Mentoring and communication with other team members to improve their PG expertise
- Testing and releasing Heroku support for new PG versions and functionality
- Working with your team (engineering and product management) to understand customer needs and pain points
- Participation in the on-call rotation with your team to keep services operational and highly available
- Compassion for your team members and awareness of overall team health
- Key Qualifications & Experience
- Advanced knowledge of PostgreSQL and its operation
- Experience operating and scaling databases on AWS
- Knowledge of our technology stack, including:
- Automated testing
- AWS (EC2, S3, VPC, etc.)
- Unix tools and services
- LXC containerization, Docker
- Experience and knowledge of operating distributed systems
- Experience with information security
- Experience with participating in an on-call rotation
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Apply for PostgreSQL Engineer, Heroku Data You will be taken to the listing on Salesforce’s career site.