Are you an innovative product manager who thrives in a fast-paced collaborative environment and loves working with the best technology teams in the world? Do you have a strong focus in the pursuit of delivering developer experiences that enable developers to do the best work of their careers?
If so, Salesforce Platform is seeking a product manager within our Heroku product team focusing on evolving our current data store offerings, eventing, and related low code integration capabilities, to broaden the of value of Heroku further as key part of the Salesforce Platform and Salesforce Customer 360 developer experience. This is a highly technical role involving knowledge of programming and architecture patterns for decomposition, multiple data store types and data streaming at scale. Heroku is taking a big step forward as the single compute and data developer experience for the Salesforce Platform, you can help shape this exciting future! Read more at https://blog.heroku.com/.
- You can leverage all the feedback channels (IdeaExchange, Heroku Public Roadmap, Community, etc) for driving new product and may observe customer meetings. For the current release you are clear on definition of done and best agile practices, and are beginning to think about the future of your product past the current release. You are the product lead for one or more scrum teams providing stories, requirements, acceptance criteria and supporting the design process.
- You can put together a basic internal product roadmap presentation for a well-defined and well-understood product area. You can effectively communicate product requirements to your scrum team. You can demo your product at internal reviews (e.g. sprint reviews) or to a customer. You can effectively communicate your roadmap to a customer.
- You have domain knowledge of your product area. You are building relationships with your development team. You understand where your product/feature fits into the overall business and the rationale behind the roadmap prioritization.
- You show your stakeholders that you understand their concerns, you keep them informed of important changes, and give them a voice in the product direction. You maintain healthy relationships with your engineering and UX colleagues.
- In collaboration with your team, you can establish and articulate a 6 month roadmap with a specific focus on your product and features. This includes consideration of customers, competition and innovation as you build a roadmap.
- You can do basic interviewing for PM, UX, or Dev.
- To own a product effectively, you have internalized all core use cases and personas. You present to some customers on your own and begin to establish direct relationships.
- You demonstrate Salesforce values every day at work and are able to clearly articulate the value that the Salesforce Ohana culture brings to our business.
- BS or MS in Engineering, Computer Science, or related disciplines or equivalent experience in technical leadership roles.
- Minimum of 2+ years’ experience in engineering or product management with expertise in enterprise / PaaS environments. Experience in multiple data store types, RDBMS, Caching, Eventing, NoSQL, File based etc.
- Proven ability and experience in building developer focused data and eventing services and practices, using the latest tools and technologies. Enterprise level data store and eventing experience is ideal.
- Proven ability to influence and coordinate cross-functional teams to execute against a plan.
- Developing leadership, management, and strategic-thinking skills, with the ability to excite and lead others.
- Understanding of the enterprise PaaS products, customers, partners, and competitors.
- Excellent organization and communications skills, with experience communicating across groups with varying degrees of technical background.
Apply for Product Management Manager or Senior Manager, Salesforce Platform, Heroku Data You will be taken to the listing on Salesforce’s career site.