We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
Do you enjoy a blend of strategy and operational execution? The Sales Strategy and Operations team partners directly with the sales leadership team as a trusted advisor, focused on strategic planning, sales optimization and business operational support. You will collaborate with many cross-functional teams such as finance, employee success, marketing, operations, and others. This is a high-impact role, with constantly evolving priorities and demands. You will think strategically, arrive at a focused execution plan, and lead the plan to fruition. Example of projects can range from the very strategic to the very operational and focus on some of the many areas, such as Go-To-Market planning, Salesforce product playbook, territory alignment, data quality, business planning, market segmentation, sales pipeline, and business performance review.
We’re looking for highly passionate candidates who have relentless curiosity, a startup mentality, attention to detail, willingness to manage multiple priorities, and ability to deal with ambiguity effectively.
- Orchestrate the design and implementation of all aspects of the Go-To-Market plan under the annual sales strategy planning cycle. This includes account segmentation, resource allocation, territory assignment, compensation, quota setting, etc.
- Define key performance metrics and targets, build reports and dashboards to derive insights into the health of the business, identify areas of weakness, and present improvement recommendations to sales leadership.
- Perform ad-hoc analyses across multiple data sets and tools (examples of analyses include customer segmentation, sales participation, propensity to buy, white space, etc.)
- Drive forecast management excellence to ensure sustained, predictable growth across all business units, coordinate weekly forecast calls to track status of sales pursuits.
- Create executive-level presentations for both local and global leadership reviews; organize quarterly business reviews.
- Assist in troubleshooting of operational issues as they surface; propose changes to systems and processes to fix root causes.
- 5-7+ years of professional experience, ideally in consulting or sales strategy/business operations roles
- Experience with quantitative analysis and financial modeling
- Degree or equivalent relevant experience required. Experience will be evaluated based on the core competencies for the role (e.g. extracurricular leadership roles, military experience, volunteer roles, work experience, etc.)
- Ability to translate complex information into easily consumable insights
- Self-starter and high degree of motivation to go above and beyond the task at hand
- Excellent communications and presentation skills
- Experience with R, Python, SQL, Tableau (or similar analytical packages) a plus
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For Washington-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $126,600 to $212,200. For California-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $138,200 to $231,500.
Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Certain roles may be eligible for incentive compensation, equity, benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Apply for Sales Strategy and Operations, Manager/ Sr. Manager You will be taken to the listing on Salesforce’s career site.