Are you an innovative product leader who thrives in a fast-paced collaborative environment and loves working with the best technology teams in the world? Do you have a strong focus in the pursuit of delivering developer experiences that enable developers to do the best work of their careers?
If so, Salesforce Platform is seeking product leadership to drive offerings for Heroku’s data, eventing, and related low code integration capabilities. To broaden the value of Heroku further as key part of the Salesforce Platform and Salesforce Customer 360 developer experience. This is a technical role involving knowledge of programming and architecture patterns for data usage, access, use of multiple data store types, and data streaming at scale. Heroku is taking a big step forward as the elastic compute and data developer experience of choice for the Salesforce Platform, you can help shape this exciting future! Read more at https://blog.heroku.com/.
- You have a close relationship with key customers, partners, and analysts that you leverage from product direction through beta-driven validation. You drive customer-centricity throughout your org. You have a clear 12-18 month vision and high level backlog that you can present at the executive level. You drive modern and agile processes throughout your org and can manage the product release process (pricing, packaging, enablement, launch).
- You can lead and present a 500+ audience major Salesforce Dreamforce session. You can communicate product strategy via presentation or written communication to Salesforce executives; including presenting at our internal Product Summit. You can build and deliver a release briefing to an industry analyst. You can script and build a killer Dreamforce demo for a keynote, analyst, or management offsite.
- You are the definitive authority on your product and conversant regarding a major portion of your product areas entire scope and how it adds value to the wider Salesforce Platform and Customer 360. You understand your product adoption metrics, market share, analyst position and also the targets your cloud and product are setting for ACV and revenue.
- You know your stakeholders and key customers across the business and have a trusted relationship with open lines of communication about roadmap, strategy, and risks. You can resolve conflicts both for yourself and your team. Your Salesforce network is strong - up, down, and sideways. You know your risks and manage them proactively.
- You take on a longer term view, providing a direction for your products and your teams. Your plans demonstrate an understanding of company strategy and where your products fit. You are positioning your products to beat the competition. You make early decisions with an eye on pricing and packaging recommendations, including SKUs and editions.
- As an entry level manager, you become proficient at hiring, managing your direct reports, and providing clear and timely feedback to your team and colleagues. You meet with each member of your team weekly and provide them the support they need to succeed. The scope of product area you manage is larger or more complex. You focus more on team development and training. You delegate accordingly with your team. You are a steward of your teams career and you actively work to help them succeed.
- You're fluent about your customer base and their needs, using data and relationships to drive decisions. Regular customer meetings and discussions allow you to share ideas. You lead any number of customer meetings and event sessions, independently creating relevant content. Deliver resources to support adoption through various channels, training, trailhead, blogs, open source and internal proof of concepts.
- You have measures in your V2MOM around diversity and inclusivity and you not only live those values, but also coaching your direct reports and serving as a role model for others. You act as a cultural ambassador externally.
- BS or MS in Engineering, Computer Science, or related disciplines or equivalent experience in technical leadership roles.
- Minimum of 5+ years’ leadership experience in engineering or product management with expertise in enterprise / PaaS environments. Experience in multiple data store types, RDBMS, Caching, Eventing, NoSQL, File based etc.
- Proven ability and experience in building developer focused data and eventing services and practices, using the latest tools and technologies. Enterprise implementation level data store and eventing experience is ideal.
- Proven ability to influence and coordinate cross-functional teams to execute against a plan.
- Well-developed leadership, management, and strategic-thinking skills, with the ability to excite and lead others.
- Understanding of the Salesforce Platform and other enterprise PaaS products, customers, partners, and competitors.
- Excellent organization and communications skills, with experience communicating across groups with varying degrees of technical background.
- Experience presenting to executive leadership, participating in the sales cycle, and handling sensitive customer escalations.
Apply for Senior Director of Product Management, Salesforce Platform, Heroku Data You will be taken to the listing on Salesforce’s career site.