Heroku’s Analytics team ensures we are a data-driven company, and one of our primary goals is to facilitate customer success and growth through the customer-facing teams we partner with across Heroku: Marketing, Sales, Product, and Engineering.
As a Senior Growth Analyst, you’ll learn our business inside and out, think about it holistically, and bring your analytical skills to bear to identify and execute on projects that drive growth across the organization. At your disposal will be rich data sources to help you understand our customers -- product data from the services that manage Heroku’s platform, streaming event data, customer billing data, Salesforce data, and more -- as well as stakeholders eager to partner with you to improve customer experience and drive growth.
Our ideal candidate is skilled at and genuinely passionate about data analysis, has a deep hunger to understand the underlying drivers of our business, and isn’t satisfied until a project is seen through to meaningful impact. If you love working with data and won’t stop until you’ve moved the needle, we want to talk to you!
- Customer “Early Warning Sign” attrition alerting. Identify and test leading indicators of poor product experience; build Sales tooling to alert reps to engage with at-risk customers and retain them.
- Customer “Engagement Score.” Use k-means clustering and platform event data to measure depth of customer engagement and group customers into different engagement levels, allowing for more segmented and relevant Marketing targeting.
- Outbound Marketing programs. Design and A/B test targeted, behavioral Marketing programs to encourage best practices in app development. Programs reach tens of thousands of customers.
Skills & Experience We’d Like To See
- Experience solving ambiguous business problems with hard data.
- Strong communication skills across stakeholders with varying business goals and levels of technical knowledge -- you’re as comfortable talking to our API team about how they record events as you are brainstorming a new campaign with our Marketing team.
- Comfort juggling and prioritizing competing work streams.
- Practical knowledge of statistics.
- Strong SQL skills; experience with statistical packages (e.g. Python, R, Stata, SAS).
- Uncompromising attention to detail.
- 3+ years experience in a fast-paced analytics role such as analyst at a tech company or consulting.
Apply for Senior Growth Analyst - Business Operations You will be taken to the listing on Salesforce’s career site.