Heroku’s mission is to make the work of building and deploying applications as seamless and elegant as possible. We want to remove every obstacle that slows down application developers, allowing them to focus on their apps and users while leaving everything else to our service -- and we believe that by doing this, we’re radically changing the world of app development for the better.
Heroku serves more than 23 billion requests per day and powers over 7 million apps at every scale, from personal hobby projects and small startup apps, all the way up to Internet top-100 apps and the apps of Fortune 500 companies. If you’ve caught a ride with Scoot, ordered clothes from Bonobos, or you’ve found a product on Product Hunt, you use an app that runs on Heroku. If you’re excited about next-generation application platforms, data services, exceptional developer experiences, open source languages and changing the way applications are built and deployed on a PaaS, you’ll fit in well with us.
We’re looking for a senior technical Product Marketer with a passion for application development and cloud platform technology, who has a strong aptitude for accelerating the growth of our developer community and overall business. In this role, you will leverage a deep understanding of Heroku’s products and customers to create technical narratives, content, and education to help developers learn, use, and understand why Heroku is unique and valuable.
You’ll drive strategy but you’ll also roll up your sleeves and execute every day, working closely with peers in marketing, product management, engineering, business operations, and sales. You’ll ideally have solid developer experience, have probably built a thing or two on Heroku already, and will closely identify with our developer community and their use cases. You’ll also have the marketing and communication skills necessary to persuasively represent Heroku products, brand, and soul in all of our marketing, across copy and content, events, demos, and more. The right candidate must be an excellent communicator, able to create effective messaging and build compelling narratives for developers in multiple mediums.
Here’s some of what you’ll do:
- Launch new products and features, promoting the Heroku Platform and ecosystem to the market at large, generally focussed on developers.
- Go beyond launches to raise awareness of and educate developers on the value of the full surface area of our products by delivering the right messages and content through multiple channels.
- Create resonant, high quality technical content such as demos, screencasts, webinars, and presentations designed to convey the value of Heroku to new users, and keep existing users engaged and growing on the platform
- Coordinate and motivate cross-functional teams (including design, sales, product, developer advocacy and engineering stakeholders) to support your delivery of world-class product marketing communications.
- Work with product management to distill key functionality and benefits into core product marketing messages, and create technical narratives along key product themes that tell the story of and differentiate Heroku
- Develop and drive initiatives to frame and track competitive landscape, understand target markets and identify market insights to inform product strategies and go-to-market activities
- Partner with web, campaigns, events and enablement teams to create, test, and refine messages that work
- Partner closely with events teams to drive product strategy and content for live and online events worldwide
- Partner closely with online growth, web, and design teams to build out online marketing, SEO, and web content that resonates with developers
- 5+ years experience in product marketing in a software development company, ideally with products and companies in the platform and/or developer technology space
- Strong affinity for developers as a target market, with a deep understanding of the developer community and the landscape of tools and technologies developers use to bring products to market, including platform-as-a-service, CI/CD, team collaboration, devops, and data services/offerings
- Strong affinity for metrics and a bias toward data-driven decision making
- Experience with the online revenue model
- Proven track record at performing well in a fast-paced environment, and organizational skills to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines effectively
- Exceptional communication skills, including writing and executive presentations
- Coding skills in one or more Heroku-supported languages preferred but not required
- Empathy and care for your fellow Herokai and the developer community, and a willingness/flexibility to learn and grow
- Aligns with the values of the Salesforce Ohana: Trust, Customer Success, Growth, Innovation, Giving Back, Equality for All, Wellbeing, Transparency, and Fun.
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes’s “World’s Most Innovative Company” six years in a row and one of Fortune’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” nine years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world. *LI-Y
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Apply for Senior Manager, Heroku Technical Product Marketing You will be taken to the listing on Salesforce’s career site.