Heroku operates the world’s largest PaaS cloud and is a part of Salesforce. With headquarters in San Francisco, we are a diverse group of people with team members located in over a dozen countries around the world. Our inclusive, remote-friendly culture creates a work environment that is collaborative, flexible, and fun. Together, we’re focused on technical and operational excellence and helping our customers be successful on Heroku. Heroku is a joy to use — a platform that enables the focus and flow developers require to build great apps. We pay attention to every detail, applying thoughtful design to the app lifecycle and every new feature.
We are looking for an ambitious self-starter, an all-star athlete, and an individual contributor to join the Heroku Marketing team to lead Product Marketing for one or more Heroku products and drive successful market adoption. This role has dual responsibilities with equal emphasis on Product Marketing and Content Marketing for Heroku.
As an experienced product marketer with a track record for crafting world-class messaging, engaging customer stories, and innovative go-to-market strategies, help us revolutionize how technology is transforming businesses around the world. We develop product messaging and positioning, go to market programs, campaigns, events, and sales enablement. We measure our success by our ability to develop creative and innovative marketing strategies and gain the mindshare of senior executives and key buyers.
As a Content Marketer, your responsibilities include owning the content strategy for Heroku that includes blog posts, articles, and marketing collateral, optimizing content for SEO, and collaborating with cross-functional teams. The candidate should possess excellent writing and editing skills, a strong understanding of digital marketing, and the ability to drive brand awareness through impactful content. If you're a strategic thinker with a knack for producing compelling content, we invite you to be part of our innovative team.
Intrigued? Check out the details.
- You will partner closely with Product Management, Sales, Growth and Developer Relations teams to define core product messaging and develop a comprehensive go to market strategy.
- Execute product launch plans, working closely with sales leadership, product management and marketing teams to drive demand generation and pipeline
- Build engaging content off of core product messaging, including videos, case studies, webinars, campaign deliverables, and new formats that reach target customers in a memorable and impactful way.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive content strategy aligned with business objectives and target audience.
- Collaborate with marketing, design, and product teams to ensure the content has consistent messaging, alignment with overall marketing initiatives and nurture them through the sales funnel.
- Ensure content adheres to brand guidelines, maintaining a consistent and cohesive brand voice across all platforms.
- Monitor and analyze content performance using analytics tools, adjusting strategies based on data insights to optimize reach and engagement.
# Key Qualifications & Experience
- Experience working in developer first or cloud native companies
- Passion for cloud computing including Platform as a Service and Software as a Service
- At least 5 years experience in enterprise software and/or data and integration services, preferably with some experience directly in public cloud-hosted services.
- Ability to engage with and earn the respect of both deeply technical and business leaders.
- Strong public speaking skills and ability to develop customer-facing presentations.
- Demonstrated understanding of SEO principles and experience optimizing content for search engines to drive organic traffic
- A creative and innovative mindset with the ability to generate fresh ideas and approaches to content creation.
- Experience with content management systems and social media platforms is desirable.
- Prior experience in Product Marketing, Content Marketing or Sales Engineering a plus.
- Bachelor's degree, technical degree preferred.
- MBA or master’s degree in a technical field optional.
Apply for Senior Manager, Product Marketing You will be taken to the listing on Salesforce’s career site.