Heroku’s mission is to create the fastest path for application developers to turn an idea into a production app of any scale. We want to remove every obstacle that slows down creative coders and let them focus on their customers’ experience while leaving everything else to our service. Today, Heroku powers millions of apps ranging from personal hobby apps to critical apps and services powering the world's largest companies and institutions. In aggregate, we serve tens of billions of requests per day. Yet, it only takes minutes for a new developer to get the first app up and running, ready to serve customers.
Heroku is one of the fastest growing businesses at Salesforce.
We are looking for an experienced Product Manager to work on Heroku’s build system and support for open source languages. You'll be responsible for:
- All components that turn a user’s code into an artifact that can run on the platform including our buildpacks and build configuration(app.json/heroku.yml)
- Our container strategy. Recently we released the ability to build Docker images on our platform
- Features that make the developer experience of Heroku’s official languages great
- Work with product and engineering on the future of Heroku's build system and Docker support
- Work with product and engineering to design new features that improve the developer experience of Heroku’s official languages
- Develop the 6 month product roadmap and help formulate our long term strategy heavily influenced by market trends and customer feedback
- Work with marketing to launch new build and languages features in the marketplace
- Work closely with counterparts in other teams, to ensure the build system is compatible with Heroku’s developer experience features, including Review Apps and Pipelines.
- Strong technical ability — The role is unique in that it requires intimate knowledge of open source programming languages, build systems, and containers. You’ve also deployed an app to Heroku.
- 4+ years of product management experience, with demonstrated ability to discover opportunities, define and deliver products, and lead multidisciplinary teams.
- Strong customer and stakeholder empathy. You'll represent multiple points of view, including those of the customer, marketing, finance, engineering, support and ops.
- Comfortable working with a highly-distributed team.
- The ability to say “no”. As the Build and Languages PM, you will be at the heart of Heroku's business receiving a deluge of feature requests. You'll need very strong prioritization and diplomacy skills, as well as a strong backbone.
Apply for Senior Product Manager / Director of Product Management (Build & Languages) You will be taken to the listing on Salesforce’s career site.