We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
Heroku Production Engineering enables world-class service ownership by creating and maintaining exceptional tools for our internal engineers to build, deploy, and observe their products. We increase efficiency and reduce toil by constructing a Golden Path for frequently executed tasks that has compliance, security, and best-in-class operations “baked in”. Internal engineers and stakeholders know they can rely on us for robust, resilient tools that enable their total service ownership, from deploying and operating their services to observing its performance and cost to analyzing and preventing incidents.
For this role, we’re looking for an experienced software engineer to join the Heroku Production Engineering Developer Experience team. The Developer Experience team supports internal Heroku engineers by providing tools and services to optimize, simplify, and multiply engineers’ development efforts. The team has domain expertise within CI/CD, integration testing, deployment pipelines and strategies, artifact management, GitHub, and code scanning. Our motto is “If an engineer leaves Heroku, we hope our tooling is one of the things they miss.”
AMER - Remote
- Day-to-day operations and maintenance of our existing internal services
- Development of services and automation to improve operational efficiency and effectiveness
- Extend the capabilities and features of our services to support emerging use cases
- Supporting your colleagues in other teams to understand their needs and pain points and provide a high level of customer service
- Participation in the on-call rotation with your team to keep services operational and highly available
- 3+ years in a full-time, professional software engineering role
- Experience developing production software in Ruby or Go
- Experience maintaining and enhancing RESTful APIs
- Experience in developer experience, including CI/CD, testing strategies, deployment methodologies, deployment automation, software quality, artifact management, and code scanning
- Enthusiasm for teaching and learning
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to work effectively with geographically distributed teams and people of various backgrounds
- Experience with infrastructure management tools such as Terraform, Cloudformation
- Experience with containerization (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with Heroku
- Experience using AWS and familiarity with its services and offerings
- Experience operating complex systems and managing operational responsibilities
- Experience with agile or agile-like development processes
Apply for Software Engineer, Heroku Developer Experience You will be taken to the listing on Salesforce’s career site.