We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
Heroku operates the world’s largest PaaS cloud, continuously delivering millions of apps with 6+ million container deployments, 16+ billion routing requests, and 10+ terabytes of application logs per day. Our vision is for developers to focus on their applications and leave operations to us.
We work in small groups who are heartfelt about our users’ problems. We plan weekly, chat daily, and work closely together. Our team is a globally distributed remote community with members excited to work together on challenging distributed systems problems.
We hope you are passionate about joining our community of engineers. We love to learn, to operate a gigantic distributed system, and to sustain a remote culture of support and growth.
Argentina - Remote
Examples of recent Infrastructure engineering work at Heroku
- Better orchestration and config management: growing out of our early Terraform usage into a robust system leveraging Terraform Cloud to manage the deployment pipeline of Heroku’s backing Runtime services across several shards.
- Component modernization: building the next version of our router
- Researching and learning: using our Kubernetes orchestration backend for our internal Runtime API as part of a larger effort to build the next generation of our runtime
- Infrastructure improvements: transitioned our use of K8s from self-managed to managed by integrating EKS and implemented a new authentication scheme to integrate our container registry with EKS.
- Expansion and Growth: expanding our Private Spaces and Common Runtime products into new regions to give customers more options about where their applications are deployed.
- Core infrastructure scaling and growth: broke up a critical, monolithic Ruby application that performs many container scheduling tasks and refactored it as a set of well scoped gRPC Go services.
Profiles relevant to us would feature
- 3+ years in a full-time, professional software engineering role
- Experience developing production software in Go or Ruby
- Experience deploying services on Kubernetes
- Experience using AWS and deep familiarity with its services and offerings
- Experience deploying, operating and supporting critical production systems
- Experience in a technical role in a collaborative team environment
- Enthusiasm for learning new languages, frameworks, and skills
- A commitment to winning together as a team, and collaboration over going it alone
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to work effectively with geographically distributed teams and people of various backgrounds
- Experience working on a distributed software engineering / DevOps team
Apply for Software Engineer - Heroku Infrastructure You will be taken to the listing on Salesforce’s career site.