We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
Heroku Production Engineering enables world-class service ownership by creating and maintaining exceptional tools for our internal engineers to build, deploy, and observe their products. We increase efficiency and reduce toil by constructing a Golden Path for frequently executed tasks that has compliance, security, and best-in-class operations “baked in”. Internal engineers and stakeholders know they can rely on us for robust, resilient tools that enable their total service ownership, from deploying and operating their services to observing its performance and cost to analyzing and preventing incidents.
For this role, we’re looking for an experienced software engineer to join the Heroku Production Engineering Support Experience team (aka SupportEx). Support Experience owns the many internal and customer-facing services used to deliver Heroku’s best-in-class customer support. The mandate of the Support Experience team is to keep our long-established suite of Support tools and automation maintainable, resilient, and secure. In partnership with Support, the team will focus on creating future-proof tooling for Support Engineers that enables them to deliver fast, relevant, and insightful support to Heroku’s broad customer base.
INDIA - Remote
- Day-to-day operations and maintenance of our existing services
- Development of services and automation to improve operational efficiency and effectiveness
- Extend the capabilities and features of our services to support emerging use cases
- Supporting your colleagues in other teams to understand their needs and pain points and provide a high level of customer service
- Participation in the on-call rotation with your team to keep services operational and highly available
- 3+ years in a full-time, professional software engineering role
- Experience developing production software in Ruby
- Experience maintaining and enhancing RESTful APIs
- Experience implementing support applications and tools that allow customer support agents to efficiently and effectively help customers
- Enthusiasm for teaching and learning
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to work effectively with geographically distributed teams and people of various backgrounds
- Experience with infrastructure management tools such as Terraform, Cloudformation
- Experience with containerization (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with Heroku
- Experience using AWS and familiarity with its services and offerings
- Experience operating complex systems and managing operational responsibilities
- Experience with agile or agile-like development processes
Apply for Software Engineer, Heroku Support Experience You will be taken to the listing on Salesforce’s career site.