Heroku operates the world’s largest PaaS cloud, continuously delivering millions of apps with 6+ million container deployments, 16+ billion routing requests, and 10+ terabytes of application logs per day. Our vision is for developers to focus on their applications and leave operations to us. Heroku Web Services builds and operates the Heroku API. We exist as the hub for developers to build customer-centric digital experience applications at planet scale. We imbibe the core Heroku value of creating compelling and powerful developer experiences, which are also simple and easy to use.
Our department is a remote community with members excited to work together on challenging distributed systems problems. We plan weekly, chat daily, pair often and work closely together. Equality is a core value for Salesforce; it's at the heart of everything we do and strive to be. That means Equal Opportunity, Equal Advancement and Equal Pay for all. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Examples of recent work Web Services engineers have done at Heroku:
- Improving customer trust: Integrated Heroku authentication with an internal shared service providing multi-factor authentication that will ultimately allow all of our customers to select from a variety of verification methods.
- Data Retention: Designed a new service to audit inactive apps and accounts across Heroku, to make sure all unused customer data is removed from our services.
- Basic dynos: Worked cross-team to deliver a new dyno type that is billed monthly and uses a credit system, rather than usage-based billing.
- Incident response: Designed and implemented automation to combat an ongoing Denial of Service attack
- Delivering features to customers: API changes, business logic, and API calls to downstream internal services to allow Automated Certificate Management apps to have an arbitrary number of custom domains instead of the previous limit of 100
- 3+ years in a full-time, professional software engineering role
- Experience developing production software in Ruby or Go
- Experiencing maintaining and enhancing RESTful APIs
- Enthusiasm for learning new languages, frameworks, and skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to work effectively with geographically distributed teams and people of various backgrounds
- Ability to participate in the team’s on-call rotation to address complex problems in real-time and keep services operational and highly available
- Experience deploying, operating and supporting critical production systems
- Experience debugging HTTP request-response cycles in a distributed system
- Experience writing SQL queries including complex JOIN statements
- Experiencing defining monitoring and alerting strategies for high-scale production systems
- Writing queries in Splunk
Apply for Software Engineer, Heroku Web Services (API) You will be taken to the listing on Salesforce’s career site.