Sr. Engineering Manager, Front End Web Software Engineering
Heroku is looking for technically strong, energetic, highly collaborative, and passionate leaders to lead our Front End Web software engineering team! You will run and lead a team of outstanding developers and keep quality in mind. We work in a collaborative environment, and we value open communication and feedback, code reviews, and making learning fun!
- Drive the execution and delivery of features by collaborating with many multi-functional teams, architects, product owners, program managers and engineers
- Make critical decisions that attribute to the success of the product
- Proactive in foreseeing issues and resolving it before it happens
- Daily management of stand-ups as the Scrum Master for the Web engineering team
- Partner with PO to align with objectives, priorities, tradeoffs, and risk
- Ensuring team has clear priorities and adequate resources
- Empowering the delivery team to self coordinate
- Be a multiplier and have a passion for team and team members’ success
- Providing technical guidance, career development, and mentoring to team members
- Maintaining high morale and motivating the delivery team to go above and beyond
- Vocally advocating for technical excellence and helping the teams make good decisions
- Participating in architecture discussions and planning
- Participating in multi-functional coordination, planning, and reviews with leads from other engineering teams
- Maintaining and encouraging our culture by interviewing and hiring only the most qualified individuals
- Occasionally chipping in to development tasks such as coding and feature verifications to assist teams with release commitments, to gain an understanding of the deeply technical product as well as to keep your technical skill sharp
- 3 + years of proven track record leading a software engineering team with a distinguished track record on technically fast paced projects
- Experience leading large scale distributed systems, working with microservices and/or distributed architecture
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, organizational and time management skills
- Ability to be flexible, proactive, comfortable working with minimal specifications
- Experience with short release cycles, the full software lifecycle, and experience working on a product that’s been released for public consumption
- Experience in hiring, mentoring and leading engineers
- Working experience of software engineering best practices including coding standards, code reviews, SCM, CI, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and product management to understand requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
Benefits & Perks
Check out ourbenefits sitewhich explains our various benefits, including wellbeing reimbursement, generous parental leave, adoption assistance, fertility benefits, and more.
Check out our Salesforce Engineering Site.
IN SCHOOL OR GRADUATED WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS? PLEASE VISIT FUTURE FORCE FOR OPPORTUNITIES
Apply for Sr. Engineering Manager, Front End Web Software Engineering You will be taken to the listing on Salesforce’s career site.