Senior Manager, Technical Product Marketing
Heroku’s mission is to make the work of building and deploying applications as seamless and elegant as possible. We want to remove every obstacle that slows down application developers, allowing them to focus on their apps and users while leaving everything else to our service -- and we believe that by doing this, we’re radically changing the world of app development for the better.
Heroku serves more than 11 billion requests per day and today powers millions of apps at every scale, from personal hobby projects and small startup apps, all the way up to Internet top-100 apps and the apps of Fortune 500 companies. If you’ve caught a ride with Scoot, ordered clothes from Bonobos, or you’ve found a product on Product Hunt, you use an app that runs on Heroku. If you’re excited about next-generation application platforms, data platforms, exceptional developer experiences, open source languages and changing the way applications are built and deployed on a PaaS, you’ll fit in well with us.
We’re looking for a highly technical Product Marketer with a passion for cloud, application development and cloud platform technology, who has a strong aptitude for accelerating the growth of our developer community and overall business. In this role, you will leverage a deep understanding of Heroku’s products and customers to accelerate developer engagement and signups, drive conversion and spend rates, and ensure customer success, joy and retention.
You’ll help drive strategy but you’ll also roll up your sleeves and execute every day, working closely with peers in marketing, product management, engineering, business operations, and sales. You’ll have solid developer experience, have probably built a thing or two on Heroku already, and will closely identify with our developer community and their use cases. You’ll also have the marketing and communication skills necessary to persuasively represent Heroku products, brand, and soul in all of our marketing, across copy and content, events, demos, and more. The right candidate must be an excellent communicator, able to create effective messaging and build compelling narratives for developers in multiple mediums.
Here’s some of what you’ll do:
· Launch new products and features, promoting the Heroku Platform and ecosystem to the market at large, generally focused on developers.
- Go beyond launches to drive growth and adoption of products in market by delivering the right messages and content to existing users through multiple channels and integrated campaigns.
· Create killer technical content that helps us reach new users, and keeps existing users engaged and growing on them platform
· Coordinate and motivate cross-functional teams (including design, sales, product, Dev Advocacy and engineering stakeholders) to support your delivery of world-class product marketing communications.
· Work with product management to distill key functionality and benefits into core product marketing messages
· Develop and drive programs to frame and track competitive landscape, understand target markets and identify market insights to inform product strategies and go-to-market activities
· Partner with web, campaigns, events and enablement teams to create, test, and refine messages that work
· Build exceptional demos, screencasts, webinars, and presentations designed to convey the value of Heroku to our constituent audiences
· Work closely with content and events teams to execute live and online events worldwide
· Work closely with digital marketing to execute awesome online marketing campaigns, SEO, and web design
· 5+ years experience in product marketing in a software development company, ideally with products and companies in the platform and/or developer technology space
· Strong affinity for developers as a target market, with a deep understanding of the developer community and the landscape of tools and technologies developers use to bring products to market, including platform-as-a-service offerings
. Strong affinity for metrics and a bias toward data-driven decision making
· Experience with the online revenue model
· Proven track record at performing well in a fast-paced environment, and organizational skills to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines effectively
· Exceptional communication skills, including writing and executive presentations
· Coding skills in one or more Heroku-supported languages preferred but not required
Apply for Senior Manager, Technical Product Marketing You will be taken to careers.force.com