We are looking for an experienced and motivated leader to build and drive Heroku’s Retention program. This leader should be highly analytical and entrepreneurial, capable of finding retention opportunities by understanding where and why customers are falling out, then using that data to create and execute programs across pricing, product, go to market, sales and customer success to retain more revenue. This role combines strategic and hands on elements, and offers a tremendous opportunity to help build a new area of growth for Heroku’s business.
Your primary KPI will be for Retention improvement.
- Determine how we should define and think about areas of attrition across different vectors (loss of share of wallet, complete attrition, seasonality) and reasons (features, pricing, competitive offerings, other).
- Define acceptable rates for each type of attrition and determine how we should measure and report out.
- Build a structure for determining where we should focus and the plans for addressing, tests to validate assumptions, and drive execution of those plans across Product, Pricing, Sales, Marketing and Business Operations. Determine how we operationalize Retention programs as a new practice throughout the company.
Work with Product on defining requirements for product features and enhancements to increase stickiness and retention.
Some example projects include:
- Work with Business Operations and Product to model out the ideal pricing curves for our key offerings to determine expected increase in retention, growth and sales; get buy in on your proposal and then drive execution across all teams.
- Work with Sales and Customer Success to understand why customers leave, bucket and quantify each reason and build programs for improving each.
- Conduct customer interviews to understand how customers think about Heroku in context of other options and how those customers determine what workloads they move to those other options.
You should be very strong on all of the following:
Proven (and measurable) experience in successfully defining and delivering retention strategies and programs, developing analytical frameworks, building business cases and getting buy in from across the organization for executing on those plans.
Expert on customer retention best practices and growth dynamics for a subscription business with large and disparate customer base spanning individuals all the way up to large enterprise- preferably with experience in a business that includes high volume/low touch Freemium and Pay as You Go models.
Ability to work successfully on scrappy teams, influencing and executing across all levels and roles.
Great communication, leadership, and interpersonal skills, including the ability to engage and influence peers cross-functionally, and to manage competing priorities.
Strong problem-solver, creative thinker, and team player.
Excellent data analytics skills.
Good sense of self, with a “team first” mentality.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Apply for Director of Customer Retention, Heroku You will be taken to the listing on Salesforce’s career site.