Lead Software Engineer (Front-end Infrastructure)
Our Heroku Front-end team is a group of dedicated software engineers with diverse backgrounds, different areas of expertise, and similar passions for software development that highly involves aesthetics, design, and cross functional/platform team work. We all work together to deliver a rich platform experience for our customers. At our core, we are problem solvers in the technology industry with an eye for what the customer sees and experiences. Our vision is to deliver and maintain High Quality, Accessible, and Performant Platform Management Experiences designed on modern web software development frameworks.
As a WebOps Engineer on the Front-end team, you’ll use your extensive knowledge of the deployment, operation, maintenance, tuning, and repair of web-based applications, infrastructure, and systems to support improving team productivity. You will work with real-time data streams, engineer for performance across browsers, and automate tasks for speed and consistency. You will collaborate closely with other engineering teams to spec, conceptualize, build, test and deploy solutions focused on maintaining web-based services’ uptime, availability, and performance.
Heroku has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture; we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work, together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and above all, collaborative. Our team is distributed, so working asynchronously with intentional collaboration is a key value.
- Propose, share, and refine best practices on release engineering, environment management, build/deployment automation, general process automation, and scripting
- Utilize infrastructure as code to provision and manage front-end infrastructure throughout its lifecycle
- Implement security best practices and use tools to monitor for potential security threats
- Monitoring web application performance and errors as well as initiate fixes for any issues
- Identify opportunities to improve the systems process flow, performance, and technical efficiencies
- Help our skilled support team triage bugs and troubleshoot production issues
- Recommend approaches to optimize/tune systems performance, while also developing both system and technical documentation
- Participate in the team’s on-call rotation to address complex problems in real-time and keep services operational and highly available
- 5+ years experience working on large-scale, complex production web applications with experience in the management of website operations, infrastructure, and web-based services
- 3+ years experience in the development of tools and processes to drive web application maturity by automating integrations, regression testing, and releases to environments across multiple technical stacks
- Expert at infrastructure as Code (IaC) technologies such as Terraform and CloudFormation
- Experience with critical infrastructure services including, monitoring, alerting, logging, and reporting applications
- Strong understanding of the fundamentals of web application performance management and log analysis tools
- Strong understanding of web application security
- Experience mentoring other engineers
- Ability to take ownership of projects and multi-task
- Ability to work independently and as part of a distributed team and a willingness to take ownership of problems
- Demonstrated ability to communicate technical designs with clear documentation and visualization
- Architecture experience across a broad set of enterprise technologies, including integration & middleware technologies
- Comfortable coding in Elixir - or excited to learn it
- Experience with Terraform, CloudFront, GitHub Actions, Typescript, Emberjs, SQL
- Working experience with development tools such as Webpack, npm, Yarn
- Experience writing scripts using tools, including Ruby and Bash
Benefits & Perks Check out our benefits site which explains our various benefits, including wellbeing reimbursement, generous parental leave, adoption assistance, fertility benefits, and more.
Salesforce Information Check out our Salesforce Engineering Site.
IN SCHOOL OR GRADUATED WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS? PLEASE VISIT FUTURE FORCE FOR OPPORTUNITIES
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. For New York-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $146,600 to $258,700. For Colorado-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $133,400 to $215,600. For Washington-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $133,400 to $237,200. For California-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $146,600 to $258,700. Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Certain roles may be eligible for incentive compensation, equity, benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Apply for Lead Software Engineer (Front End Infrastructure) You will be taken to the listing on Salesforce’s career site.