Platform Engineer, Cedar Team - Heroku
Heroku operates the world’s largest PaaS cloud, continuously delivering millions of apps with 6+ million container deployments, 5+ billion routing requests, and 10+ terabytes of application logs per day. Our vision is for developers to focus on their applications and leave operations to us.
We work in small groups who are heartfelt about our users’ problems. We plan weekly, chat daily, and work closely together. Our team is a remote community with members excited to work together on challenging distributed systems problems. Equality is a core value for Salesforce; it's at the heart of everything we do and strive to be. That means Equal Opportunity, Equal Advancement and Equal Pay for all. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We hope you are passionate about joining our community of engineers who love to learn, work, and operate a gigantic distributed system, build and sustain a remote culture, and help grow and mentor other engineers.
- Contribute to our core infrastructure services
- Develop and operate critical production applications written in Go
- Serve on the team’s on-call rotation and respond to production incidents and investigations
- Contribute to architectural design discussions and technical decisions
- Ensure that we are continuously raising our standard of engineering excellence by implementing patterns for coding, testing, deploying and supporting our platform
- Proficiency developing in Go
- Willingness to learn new languages, frameworks, and skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to work effectively with geographically distributed teams and people of various backgrounds
- Experience developing and operating highly scalable distributed systems
- Familiarity with AWS (VPC, IAM, CloudFormation, EC2) and Heroku
- Strong programming and operational experience in one of our domains. Examples include:
- For Routing: HTTP, SSL, TLS, TCP, ELB, HAProxy, or Nginx
- For Orchestration: Kubernetes, Mesos, Swarm, or Yarn
- For Runtimes: LXC, Docker, Vagrant or Linux
- For Logging: Syslog, ELK stack, Hadoop, EMR, or Splunk
- Experience transitioning from monolithic apps to evented microservices
- Would rather automate than operate
- A good story about a problematic distributed system that you diagnosed and fixed
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes’s “World’s Most Innovative Company” six years in a row and one of Fortune’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” nine years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
Apply for Platform Engineer, Cedar Team - Heroku You will be taken to careers.force.com