Heroku, a Salesforce company, is seeking a talented and seasoned Principal Product Designer to join the Developer Experiences team. This senior-level designer/developer will have a significant impact on our business as they contribute towards the experience architecture and design direction of Heroku. Help define world-class developer experiences on a PaaS capable of planet-scale, and continue to make Heroku the go-to product for delivering them.
In addition to being a design thought leader for the team, this designer will work collaboratively with a distributed team of product managers, engineers, and executives throughout the strategy, design, and development lifecycle, to develop user experiences that will make it easy and intuitive for our customers to build systems capable of supporting development at planet scale. Periodic travel will be required, approximately four times per year.
In this role, you will work back from the customer and have design ownership over key initiatives on the Heroku roadmap. You should be customer obsessed and enjoy building world-class user experiences that will cater to all types of customers ranging from executives and Fortune 100 companies to developers at early-stage startups. You should also be comfortable working in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment with fast delivery time, rapid iteration, and data-driven decision-making.
We are looking for a candidate that is obsessed with delivering phenomenal customer-centric experiences, showing proven success in ownership, a bias for action, and thinking big. If you want to work on some of the world’s biggest design challenges—on a team that strongly values design-first thinking—and transform the way builders and makers will use to create the great developer products of tomorrow, join our team.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated history of acquiring user data (e.g., conducting usability studies, performing user research) and creating personas and journey maps
- Experience with UX design for complex workflows for technical customers
- Experience working with stakeholders to plan and execute programs that are strategic in nature
- Experience working in direct collaboration with product leadership, development managers, and cross-functional stakeholders
- Expertise creating prototypes or wire-frames for complex web applications and/or workflows
- Fluency in best practices for information architecture and design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques
- An online portfolio demonstrating samples of design deliverables (personas, journey maps, wireframes, and prototypes) is required to apply for this role
- Experience owning large-scale projects, communicating timelines, and executing independently
- Experience working on products based on big data, event-driven serverless architectures
Equality is a core value for Salesforce; it's at the heart of everything we do and strive to be. That means Equal Opportunity, Equal Advancement and Equal Pay for all. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply for Principal Product Designer - AMER (UTC -5 to UTC -3) You will be taken to the listing on Salesforce’s career site.