Enterprises, start-ups, teams, developers, and businesses of all sizes use Heroku to deploy, manage, and scale applications. The Heroku “Elements” marketplace is one of the key differentiators and the reason customers choose Heroku as their app development platform. Our ecosystem of fully managed cloud-based services works in concert to provide developers with the components they need to create revolutionary apps and successful businesses.
At Heroku, we understand and recognize the importance of the broad cloud services ecosystem. That's part of why the Heroku Elements marketplace is one of the highest-rated add-on marketplaces across cloud platforms and among the most profitable for our add-on partners.
About The Heroku Ecosystem Team
The Heroku Ecosystem team is a startup and, by definition, small and agile, so the ability to lead change and deal with ambiguity is a must. We are looking for highly motivated leaders who are interested in taking ownership of their area and running it end-to-end.
The Role Details
You will own partner business operations and be a key driver of our efforts to expand and land new categories of fully managed cloud services sold through our ever-growing partner ecosystem. You will innovate processes to deliver the best partner experience to drive further growth to Heroku's ecosystem and enable each of our partners to scale out their business by utilizing the tools and APIs we build.
We need strong leaders who are self-starters, execution-focused and passionate about providing a friction-free experience for our partners. This is an entry-level product manager role, the ideal role for a person in consulting, operations or a project/program manager looking to transition to product management. This role is currently 75% business operations and 25% product strategy. The successful candidate will execute our current business processes with the goal of streamlining and creating new features to support the growth of our partner programs. As the Product Manager of Ecosystem Programs, you'll:
- Build, manage, and scale programs for Heroku third-party service integrations offered by 150+ partners
- Understand business needs/vision and align delivery in partnership with Marketing, Sales, Biz Ops, Engineering and Partners
- Define business metrics, measure marketplace revenue growth and performance, and identify trends to reduce platform abuse while growing usage of partner services
- Surface actionable insights and recommendations for improving the effectiveness of operating processes and initiatives by leveraging data from SQL queries and BI tools e.g. Looker
- Drive cross-functional alignment on product and go-to-market program strategies, develop and execute plans, and monitor progress using a data-driven approach
- Identify marketplace gaps and prioritize partnerships to expand service integrations and deliver more revenue-generating services on Heroku platform
- Design, manage, and ship new data product features in Salesforce CRM to capture relevant business information that is accessible to Marketing, Sales, Support, and Engineering teams.
- Create polished decks/documentation to portray the status of the program
- Plan and organize partner communications including newsletters, social events, and meetups including quarterly partner engagement events globally
Key Competencies & Responsibilities
- Have experience with project/portfolio management; concurrently managing multiple deliverables for a range of stakeholders on tight deadlines.
- Experience in managing partner and/or alliance relationships, preferably in cloud environments.
- Passion for customer and partner business scenarios translating to design impact on the platform
- Outstanding interpersonal awareness and communication skills
- Strong analytical capabilities. You excel at and enjoy building insights from data points using SQL queries and industry standard tools.
- 2+ years of product management or business operations experience with demonstrated ability to discover opportunities, and improve process and products.
- Strong customer, partner and stakeholder empathy. You'll be the interface between marketing, sales finance, engineering, support, and ops. The ability to channel and prioritize multiple viewpoints is key.
- Occasional travel (10 - 20%) for industry and partner events with a focus on SF (Bay Area) engagements
Apply for Product Manager- Ecosystem Programs You will be taken to the listing on Salesforce’s career site.