Want to have a foundational role and decide the future of how Heroku uses data to build products? As the data analyst for the Product Team, you’ll be responsible for ensuring key stakeholders know exactly what’s going on with the business at all times. You’ll bring thought-leadership and technical expertise to build and maintain scalable reporting and self-service data exploration. You’ll work closely with the leaders of each team to understand their data needs and empower them to make critical decisions backed by data. This is a newly created role within our Product Analytics team that is designed to move fast. You’ll have the opportunity to make a huge impact as the future success of Heroku will largely depend on our ability to execute and scale operationally.
- Be our go-to data expert and have a deep understanding of our data warehouse and data processing layers.
- Own data integrity and availability.
- Obtain a holistic understanding of each department’s data needs and ensure they have the proper tools to make decisions using data.
- Identify gaps in existing data, create data product specs, and work with Engineering teams to implement data tracking.
- Evangelize data knowledge and insights: lead communications with your team leads and other teams, collaborate with both technical and non-technical colleagues to complete data projects and ensure all parties can use the insights to further improve.
- Maintain a customer-centric focus: strive to be a domain and product authority through data, develop trust amongst your peers and leaders, and ensure that your team has access to data to make decisions.
- Able to prioritize and execute in ambiguous scenarios work with stakeholders and mentors to distill the problem, adapt your tools to answer complicated questions, and identify the trade-offs between speed and quality of different approaches.
- Build analytical frameworks to measure team success: partner with cross-functional teams to define success metrics, craft approaches to track the data and identify errors, quantify and evaluate the data, develop a common language for all colleagues to understand these critical metrics ensuring consistency of data-driven decision-making throughout the org
- Operationalize data processes - provide the organization with ad-hoc analysis, automated dashboards, and self-service reporting tools so that everyone gets a good sense of the state of the business
- 3+ years of experience in analytics with increasing responsibility
- Strong proficiency in SQL, ETL, and data modeling in a business environment with large-scale, complex data sets.
- Fluency in data analysis, including defining KPIs and communicating about data to inform the success of the business and its features to a range of audiences
- Expert in hands-on development with BI Platforms (Looker strongly preferred, Tableau, PeriscopeData, etc...)
- Comfortable giving definition to ambiguous problems. Can do this independently with limited guidance.
- Detail-oriented with superior organizational skills. Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize workload and roadmaps.
- Analytical Toolkit - You can use different methods to analyze results, including time series analysis, experimental design, and data visualization
- Healthy dose of curiosity to ask and answer questions we haven't thought about
Apply for Senior Manager or Director, Product Analytics You will be taken to the listing on Salesforce’s career site.